The outcomes are in: the U.Okay. loves digital dance music.
The truth is, they love dance music a lot that it accounts for over 25% of the nation’s High 10 tracks this 12 months, in line with a brand new report from document business commerce group BPI. The report concluded that the style is second solely to pop music, which might arguably be categorized as dance nowadays.
BPI’s report means that 26.1% of all tracks within the U.Okay. Singles High 10 this 12 months are thought-about dance music. That is an 80% enhance from 2021.
“Britain has all the time excelled at dance music, so it is gratifying that the style’s renaissance is powered partially by homegrown expertise, together with breakthrough artists LF System and Eliza Rose, who’ve each spent a number of weeks at primary on the Official Singles Chart this 12 months,” Geoff Taylor, BPI’s chief govt, stated in an announcement. “It is fascinating to see how different genres akin to hip-hop and pop are morphing into dance and to see dance music being embraced by international superstars Drake and Beyoncé.”
Scroll to Proceed
Here is the highest 10 tracks within the U.Okay. this 12 months:
1. Misplaced Frequencies and Calum Scott – “The place Are You Now”
2. LF System – “Afraid To Really feel”
3. Belters Solely – “Make Me Really feel Good” (feat. Jazzy)
4. Jax Jones – “The place Did You Go” (feat. MNEK)
5. Luude – “Down Below” (feat. Colin Hay)
6. David Guetta, Becky Hill and Ella Henderson – “Loopy What Love Can Do”
7. Dangerous Boy Chiller Crew – “BMW”
8. Beyoncé – “Break My Soul“
9. Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Prison – “BOTA (Baddest Of Them All)”
10. Tiësto and Ava Max – “The Motto“