Jay Leno may have died within the fireplace that erupted in his Burbank storage — it was that critical — and we have discovered it was a buddy of his who might have saved his life.
Jay tells TMZ from his hospital mattress … he was engaged on his 1907 White Steam Automotive in his famed storage this previous Saturday, fixing a clogged gas line. He says there was a gas leak and gasoline sprayed on his face and arms. Nearly concurrently a spark triggered an explosion, setting the comic on fireplace.
Jay says his quick-thinking buddy Dave was proper there and jumped on him, rapidly smothering the flames.
TMZ broke the story … the left facet of Jay’s face was badly burned. His arms had been burned as properly. He says he is now coping with Third-degree burns and might have pores and skin grafts. As we reported, the burns didn’t injury his eyes or his ears.
Jay, who was rushed to a close-by burn middle by ambulance, says he expects to be hospitalized for someplace between 5 and 10 days.
We’re informed Jay has canceled his varied engagements for two weeks.
By the best way … in case you did not do the maths, the automotive in query is 115 years previous.