Stephen Jackson, also known as “Captain Jack,” is a retired American professional basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for over 14 years.
Jackson played for several teams during his NBA career, including the New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, and Los Angeles Clippers.
Jackson attended Butler Community College and the University of Phoenix before being drafted by the Phoenix Suns in the second round of the 1997 NBA draft.
He did not play in the NBA until the 2000-2001 season when he joined the New Jersey Nets. During his career, Jackson was known for his scoring ability, defensive prowess, and fiery personality.
Off the court, Jackson has been involved in various business ventures, including co-founding the clothing brand “Gardevoir” and launching a cannabis-based wellness company called “Jax CBD.”
In the wake of his buddy George Floyd’s death, he became an outspoken supporter of social justice concerns.
Since retiring from basketball, Stephen Jackson has been involved in various business ventures, including entrepreneurship, investing, and media appearances. He has also worked as an NBA analyst for ESPN and as a commentator for the BIG3 basketball league. Additionally, he has a YouTube channel where he discusses sports, music, and culture.
Table of Contents
Stephen Jackson’s net worth
Stephen Jackson has a net worth of $25 million.
Stephen Jackson’s source of income
It is unclear what his primary current source of income is, as he has multiple streams of revenue. However, it is likely that his earnings come from a combination of his business ventures, media appearances, and endorsements.
Stephen Jackson’s assets, cars, and houses
Stephen Jackson has been known to enjoy his wealth and has been seen driving luxury cars such as a Lamborghini and a Ferrari.
He also owns a number of properties, including a 6,400-square-foot mansion in Texas that he purchased for $1.35 million in 2007.
Stephen Jackson has chosen to keep his personal assets private.
Stephen Jackson’s net worth growth year-wise
|Stephen Jackson’s Net Worth in 2023||$ 25 million|
|Stephen Jackson’s Net Worth in 2022||$20 million|
|Stephen Jackson’s Net Worth in 2021||$20 million|
|Stephen Jackson’s Net Worth in 2020||$16million|
|Stephen Jackson’s Net Worth in 2019||$10million|
Stephen Jackson Expenses
There is not much information available about how Stephen Jackson spent his money.
Stephen Jackson’s biography of family’s parents and spouse
Jackson was born on April 5, 1978, to Charles Jackson and Judyette Jackson in Port Arthur, Texas. Being raised in an undesirable neighbourhood and experiencing his father’s frequent incarceration for drug-related offences made for a challenging upbringing for him.
Jackson has been married twice. His first marriage was to Renata Williams, with whom he had three children: a daughter, Jordynn, and two sons, Christian and DaJuan. However, the couple later divorced. Jackson then married his second wife, Desiree DaCosta, in 2014, and they have a daughter named Heaven together.
In addition to his immediate family, Jackson also has several siblings, including brothers Ryan and Byron and a sister, Rosalyn.
Stephen Jackson’s Education
While he did not attend college, Jackson completed high school at Port Arthur Lincoln High School in Texas.
After finishing high school, Jackson was not recruited by any major college programs and instead played two seasons at Butler Community College in Kansas. Upon his declaration, the Phoenix Suns picked him in the second round of the 1997 NBA Draft.
Stephen Jackson Career
Jackson played college basketball at Butler County Community College and then transferred to Oak Hill Academy in Virginia. He was then recruited to play at the University of Arizona, but he declared for the NBA draft after his sophomore year.
Jackson was not drafted in the 1997 NBA draft, but he signed as a free agent with the Phoenix Suns. He played sparingly for the Suns and was eventually waived. He then played in the CBA and overseas before returning to the NBA in 2000 with the New Jersey Nets.
Jackson played for several NBA teams throughout his career, including the San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers, Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, and Los Angeles Clippers. He won an NBA championship with the Spurs in 2003.
Jackson was known for his versatile game and his ability to score from the perimeter and inside. He was also a tough defender and a tenacious competitor. Over the course of his career, he averaged 15.1 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
After retiring from playing, Jackson became a television analyst and commentator, appearing on various sports programs and networks. He has also been involved in various community and charitable activities, including the establishment of the Stephen Jackson Academy in his hometown of Port Arthur, Texas.
Stephen Jackson Awards and Recognition
EuroLeague Champion: Jackson won the EuroLeague championship in 2010 Here are some of his awards and recognition:
- NBA Champion: Jackson won an NBA Championship in 2003 with the San Antonio Spurs.
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team: Jackson was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team in 2001.
- NBA Player of the Week: Jackson was named NBA Player of the Week for the week of February 19-25, 2007, while playing for the Golden State Warriors.
- NBA Three-Point Contest Participant: Jackson participated in the NBA Three-Point Contest during All-Star Weekend in 2003.
- NCAA Champion: Before his NBA career, Jackson played college basketball for the University of Arizona and was a member of the Wildcats team that won the NCAA Championship in 1997.
- McDonald’s All-American: Jackson was selected as a McDonald’s All-American in 1996, which recognizes the top high school basketball players in the United States.
- Italian League Champion: Jackson won the Italian League championship in 2009 while playing for Virtus Roma.
- Spanish League Champion: Jackson won the Spanish League championship in 2013 while playing for FC Barcelona.
- while playing for FC Barcelona.
Stephen Jackson and controversies
Here are some of the most notable controversies involving Stephen Jackson:
- Defence of DeSean Jackson – In July 2020, Stephen Jackson defended NFL player DeSean Jackson after he made controversial remarks on social media that were widely criticized as anti-Semitic. Jackson’s defence of DeSean Jackson was also criticized as anti-Semitic.
- George Floyd protests – In May 2020, Stephen Jackson became an activist in the wake of the killing of George Floyd by police officers in Minneapolis. However, he faced criticism for his support of Louis Farrakhan, the controversial leader of the Nation of Islam.
- Anti-Semitic comments – In December 2020, Stephen Jackson made comments on social media that were widely criticized as anti-Semitic. He later apologized for the comments.
Stephen Jackson is a former American professional basketball player and sports analyst with a net worth of 25 million dollars.
His hard work has made him an integral part of the NBA Championship teams, while his business ventures have enabled him to build on his wealth. His philanthropic efforts are unparalleled, making him a great role model.
He stands as an example of perseverance and drives, teaching generations the power of hard work and dedication.